- Considered among nation's elite community-based residency programs
- More than 30 years of teaching excellence
- Full accreditation from ACGME throughout its history
- Program always at or above national average on In-Training Exam
- 99 percent ABFM graduation success rate since 1975
- Committed volunteer faculty train resident physicians in an unopposed residency
- The only residency program in a city with a population of nearly 250,000
- Daily didactic conferences
- Skill seminars
- Management of health systems instructed by faculty member with previous experience as a hospital administrator
- Rural rotation included in core curriculum
- State-of-the-art family medicine center, which received strong financial support from the medical community and physicians.
- Students immersed in real-world training, ready for practice upon graduation
- Enthusiastic faculty, all with private practice experience and full hospital privileges.